With the holidays approaching quickly, we know it is BAKING SEASON!
I thought I would share a recipe for the yummiest pie crust. This recipe makes 16 good sized crusts which you can put in your freezer and have on hand anytime you wish to make a sweet or savory pie. I’m not kidding when I say it is yummy, you may have a friend who comes to see you each time they are in need of a pie crust wanting to shop in your freezer. You will also be asked over and over for the recipe.
Don’t be scared by the size of this recipe it pulls together easy and the crusts will stay good for a very long time in your freezer. Remember if you make double crust pies this is good for 8. 🙂 My favorite thing to make with this crust is cherry pie or chicken pot pie, mmmmmm.
Easy Homemade Pie Crust, makes 16
- (1) 5 lb bag of all purpose flour (hold back 2 cups)
- 4 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 tps. Salt
- (1) 3 lb can of vegetable shortening
- 4 Tbsp. Vinegar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cups Water
- In a large bowl, combine the flour (don’t forget to take out 2 cups and use it for something else)
- Add the sugar and salt
- Add the shortening and combine it with the flour mixture using a pastry cutter.
- In a separate bowl combine the Vinegar, Eggs and Water
- Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture (take your jewelry off and mix it with your hands)
- Mix it all into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Divide Dough into 16 balls, wrap in plastic wrap and then put them into a 2 gallon freezer bag and in the freezer they go.
- To use, take a crust out of the freezer and put in the refrigerator over night. It will be ready to use the next day. 🙂
I’ll be back later with my next stamping project.
PLACE A $50 MERCHANDISE ORDER BETWEEN November 1, 2018 AND November 30, 2018 USING HOSTESS CODE A6W4YVXA AND RECEIVE THE ENTIRE MONTH OF TUTORIALS (AT LEAST 12) FREE OF CHARGE VIA E-MAIL. THAT’S NOT ALL KEEP READING!
6 thoughts on “Easy Homemade Pie Crust”